Ethical questions at center of Fla. officer's dismissal
By Tom Lyons
Sarasota Herald Tribune
A Longboat Key Police officer made a roadside DUI arrest 13 years ago that I still recall, in part because the video was so good.
It showed two officers behaving with admirable professionalism and restraint while dealing with a very pushy woman who insisted that her obviously impaired husband not be arrested.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman