San Francisco chief offers break to cops in trouble
By Phillip Matier and Andrew Ross
San Francisco Chronicle
SAN FRANCISCO — A backlog of disciplinary cases is forcing San Francisco Police Chief George Gascón to play "Let's Make a Deal" with errant cops - offering passes for offenses that under ordinary circumstances could get them fired.
The chief figures he has to do something, having inherited a mess when he came on the job in July in which some officers' disciplinary cases had lain dormant for years.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help