Ill. cop accused of stealing $2,000 from dead man
The 27-year police veteran has resigned from the department
Chicago Sun Times
NILES, Ill. — A veteran Niles police officer was charged with theft and official misconduct for stealing nearly $2,000 from a dead man's room at the Leaning Tower YMCA, prosecutors said.
William Christie, 48, swiped the money from Larry Pollak's room after he responded to a Nov. 9 call that a YMCA resident had died, authorities said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help