Ill. cop accused of stealing $2,000 from dead man
The 27-year police veteran has resigned from the department
Chicago Sun Times
NILES, Ill. — A veteran Niles police officer was charged with theft and official misconduct for stealing nearly $2,000 from a dead man's room at the Leaning Tower YMCA, prosecutors said.
William Christie, 48, swiped the money from Larry Pollak's room after he responded to a Nov. 9 call that a YMCA resident had died, authorities said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds