28 Neb. cops suspended for watching videos on duty
Chief also will make the officers retake their oaths
Lincoln Journal Star
LINCOLN, Neb. — Almost 9 percent of Lincoln's police force will be suspended without pay for watching videos instead of patrolling or doing other work, Police Chief Tom Casady said Wednesday.
The five sergeants and 23 officers - who were working the department's third shift in the late night and early morning hours -face between one and 10 days of suspension, depending on their involvement, the chief said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court