NM Detective who allegedly promised gun to gang member may lose certification
Tape exists in which the ex-cop arranges shady deals with a known criminal
By Vic Vela
Albuquerque, NM — A hearing officer has recommended that a former cop, who was allegedly caught on an FBI tape arranging shady deals with a known criminal, be stripped of his law enforcement certification.
Jose Valencia, a former detective with the Santa Fe Police Department, could have his license revoked for at least eight years when the Law Enforcement Academy Board takes up the matter at a meeting next week, according to board director Art Ortiz.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house