NM Detective who allegedly promised gun to gang member may lose certification
Tape exists in which the ex-cop arranges shady deals with a known criminal
By Vic Vela
Albuquerque, NM — A hearing officer has recommended that a former cop, who was allegedly caught on an FBI tape arranging shady deals with a known criminal, be stripped of his law enforcement certification.
Jose Valencia, a former detective with the Santa Fe Police Department, could have his license revoked for at least eight years when the Law Enforcement Academy Board takes up the matter at a meeting next week, according to board director Art Ortiz.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform