Ga. officers cleared in 2 TASER deaths
Police chief stands behind the use of the TASER as an alternative to deadly force
By Megan Matteucci
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
DEKALB, Ga. — DeKalb County police officers were justified to use Tasers on two unruly suspects who later died, investigators said Wednesday.
The police department's Internal Review Board cleared the officers of any wrongdoing, according to a report obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
The board, which is made up of investigators, reviewed the evidence and voted unanimously to clear all of the officers involved.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. officers cleared in 2 TASER deaths
- Use of Force
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds