Ga. officers cleared in 2 TASER deaths
Police chief stands behind the use of the TASER as an alternative to deadly force
By Megan Matteucci
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
DEKALB, Ga. — DeKalb County police officers were justified to use Tasers on two unruly suspects who later died, investigators said Wednesday.
The police department's Internal Review Board cleared the officers of any wrongdoing, according to a report obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
The board, which is made up of investigators, reviewed the evidence and voted unanimously to clear all of the officers involved.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. officers cleared in 2 TASER deaths
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help