New charges against 3 ex-Philly officers
All of the accused in a heroin theft scheme have pleaded not guilty
By Troy Graham
The Philadelphia Inquirer
New charges against three former Philadelphia police officers accused this summer of ripping off a heroin dealer were unveiled in a federal indictment Thursday.
The indictment also laid out the details of a second scheme two of the officers are accused of hatching, to steal money from a man they believed to be a mafioso who collected gambling proceeds - but who was actually an undercover FBI agent.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: New charges against 3 ex-Philly officers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court