Texas cop accused of sexual assault stays on duty
She says she awoke to find Officer Mark Munoz molesting her before passing out again
By Daniel Borunda
El Paso Times
EL PASO, Texas — A woman was unconscious when she was allegedly sexually assaulted by an off-duty El Paso police officer, according to court documents.
Officer Mark Munoz is scheduled to be arraigned in court this afternoon. He was arrested Oct. 20, a day after a grand jury indicted him on a sexual assault charge.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help