Fla. cop fired over link to home invasion
Officer allegedly used a law enforcement database to retrieve the address of a man feuding with her cousin
By Anthony Cormier
Sarasota Herald Tribune
SARASOTA — A Sarasota police officer used a law enforcement database to retrieve the address of a man feuding with her cousin, which led to a violent home invasion attack earlier this year, according to an internal affairs report released on Friday.
Sarasota police officer Katrina Young was fired Friday after a yearlong inquiry showed that she misused a driver's license database and later lied to detectives investigating the home invasion.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. cop fired over link to home invasion
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman