Fla. cop fired over link to home invasion
Officer allegedly used a law enforcement database to retrieve the address of a man feuding with her cousin
By Anthony Cormier
Sarasota Herald Tribune
SARASOTA — A Sarasota police officer used a law enforcement database to retrieve the address of a man feuding with her cousin, which led to a violent home invasion attack earlier this year, according to an internal affairs report released on Friday.
Sarasota police officer Katrina Young was fired Friday after a yearlong inquiry showed that she misused a driver's license database and later lied to detectives investigating the home invasion.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. cop fired over link to home invasion
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests