Officer appeals firing over confiscated beer
Confiscated nearly four full cases of beer and gave it to another officer
KINGSPORT — A 19-year veteran of the Kingsport Police Department is appealing his firing over the handling of beer confiscated from minors.
According to testimony at a Wednesday hearing, Cpl. Tim Horne was one of several officers who responded to a party where there was underage drinking. Officers confiscated nearly four full cases of beer.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Officer appeals firing over confiscated beer
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman