Officer appeals firing over confiscated beer
Confiscated nearly four full cases of beer and gave it to another officer
KINGSPORT — A 19-year veteran of the Kingsport Police Department is appealing his firing over the handling of beer confiscated from minors.
According to testimony at a Wednesday hearing, Cpl. Tim Horne was one of several officers who responded to a party where there was underage drinking. Officers confiscated nearly four full cases of beer.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Officer appeals firing over confiscated beer
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help