Ex-cop to be sentenced for obstruction
Brad Ahrensfield could face up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine after tipping off friend
By Jeff Proctor
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Former Albuquerque police Officer Brad Ahrensfield now has a sentencing date, nearly two years and two trials after he tipped off a close friend who was the target of a federal narcotics and stolen merchandise investigation.
Sentencing is set for Aug. 31 before U.S. District Judge James Parker. Ahrensfield could face up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine for the obstruction of justice charge a jury convicted him of Dec. 20.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ex-cop to be sentenced for obstruction
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help