Ex-cop to be sentenced for obstruction
Brad Ahrensfield could face up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine after tipping off friend
By Jeff Proctor
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Former Albuquerque police Officer Brad Ahrensfield now has a sentencing date, nearly two years and two trials after he tipped off a close friend who was the target of a federal narcotics and stolen merchandise investigation.
Sentencing is set for Aug. 31 before U.S. District Judge James Parker. Ahrensfield could face up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine for the obstruction of justice charge a jury convicted him of Dec. 20.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ex-cop to be sentenced for obstruction
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman