12 years for ex-Chicago cop in corruption case
'I did become a corrupt police officer,' Jerome Finnigan said
By Frank Main
CHICAGO — Former Chicago cop Jerome Finnigan was sentenced to 12 years in prison Thursday after he admitted: "I did become a corrupt police officer."
Dressed in an orange jail uniform, Finnigan said he and other rogue cops were following the "code of the street" when they ripped off drug dealers of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 12 years for ex-Chicago cop in corruption case
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house