Former APD SWAT officer can never own a gun
"I'm a firearms instructor," Brad Ahrensfield said. "This is a burden I'm going to have to carry"
By Jeff Proctor
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Former APD officer Brad Ahrensfield said Monday he was "appreciative of the leniency" of his sentence, which sends him to prison for six months and a day.
But in the next breath, the longtime SWAT officer and APD academy instructor acknowledged that his Dec. 20 conviction for obstruction of justice will be "hugely damaging" to his ability to make a living.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Former APD SWAT officer can never own a gun
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform