Former APD SWAT officer can never own a gun
"I'm a firearms instructor," Brad Ahrensfield said. "This is a burden I'm going to have to carry"
By Jeff Proctor
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Former APD officer Brad Ahrensfield said Monday he was "appreciative of the leniency" of his sentence, which sends him to prison for six months and a day.
But in the next breath, the longtime SWAT officer and APD academy instructor acknowledged that his Dec. 20 conviction for obstruction of justice will be "hugely damaging" to his ability to make a living.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Former APD SWAT officer can never own a gun
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman