Chicago police Lt. accused in baby's fall
Officer allegedly snatched a car seat from a restaurant table, sending the baby tumbling
By Mary Mitchell
CHICAGO — We won't know if a Chicago Police lieutenant caused a 4-month-old baby boy to tumble out of a car seat and onto a table at a South Side restaurant until the investigation into this matter is complete.
But this is not the kind of accusation that should be allowed to fester.
As first reported by Fox-TV last Friday, the baby's father, Chaz Byars, has accused the police lieutenant of snatching the child's car seat and causing the baby to hit his head on a table.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Chicago police Lt. accused in baby's fall
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house