Ala. officer fired over jail TASER incident
Jail surveillance video shows the police officer, his wife and a CO choking and restraining a woman before TASERing her
By PoliceOne Staff
EVERGREEN, Ala. — An Alabama police officer was fired from the department for TASERing a city councilman's sister while she was restrained in a chair at a county jail, according to the Press Register.
Jail surveillance video shows officer Klaetsch, his wife Melissa and a corrections officer choke and restrain Crystal Skinner Coleman for more than two hours while Melissa TASERed her in August.
Former Conecuh County correctional officer Alicia Brown is shown pulling Skinner's arm.
In the jail surveillance video, Klaetsch appears to be smiling, gesturing and laughing along with his wife and Brown after the incident. Klaetsch's attorney argued that's no grounds for termination, according to WSFA.com.
Mayor Pete Wolffe III said the officer had been the focus of "complaints of unprofessional and harassing conduct" and decided to uphold the firing.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman