Former NJ cop testifies at trial of 2 others
According to federal prosecutors, Antonio Figueroam and Robert Bayard falsified police reports, planted drugs, stole cash, and violated the civil rights of the drug suspects they arrested
By Nathan Gorenstein
The Philadelphia Inquirer
CAMDEN, N.J. — Jason Stetser had a reputation on the Camden police force as an officer who could sniff out illegal drugs. At home, he kept a "trophy" book of photographs taken at the scenes of his biggest busts.
But by 2008, Stetser had slid over to the other side of the law. He started keeping cash found during raids, twice gave addicts drugs in return for information, and no longer cared if he violated the rules to make drug arrests.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Former NJ cop testifies at trial of 2 others
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house