More than 100 cases dropped after cop's firing
Was terminated for driving past fatal MVC last year
By Matt Lakin
KNOXVILLE — A hundred-plus drivers can tear up their court papers and walk away, courtesy of the ex-Tennessee Highway Patrol trooper fired for driving past a fiery wreck last year.
Knox County prosecutors dropped charges Friday in all cases handled by Charles Van Morgan, a veteran trooper who routinely logged the most drunkendriving arrests in the Knoxville district for years.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: More than 100 cases dropped after cop's firing
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house