Ohio cop fired for run-in with CCW citizen wants job back
Patrolman Daniel Harless made a traffic stop that became a controversial viral video
By Ed Balint
CANTON, Ohio — The city police officer fired for a pattern of verbal abuse and making threats is trying to get his job back.
Patrolman Daniel Harless is proceeding with the arbitration process, said Kristen Bates Aylward, an assistant city law director.
In January, Safety Director Thomas Ream fired Harless.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy