Ohio cop fired for run-in with CCW citizen wants job back
Patrolman Daniel Harless made a traffic stop that became a controversial viral video
By Ed Balint
CANTON, Ohio — The city police officer fired for a pattern of verbal abuse and making threats is trying to get his job back.
Patrolman Daniel Harless is proceeding with the arbitration process, said Kristen Bates Aylward, an assistant city law director.
In January, Safety Director Thomas Ream fired Harless.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help