Ohio's 'kissing cop' fired for 3rd time in 5 years
Janine Senanayake had missed a lot of work and some court dates, officials said
By Allison Manning
The Columbus Dispatch
DELAWARE, Ohio — A Delaware County deputy has been fired from her third law-enforcement job in five years.
Janine Senanayake had been in training or called off sick from her job as a road deputy nearly every day since April 9.
Senanayake was fired in a letter from acting Sheriff Scott Vance. She also was issued a one-day suspension yesterday for failing to show up at two hearings in Delaware Municipal Court in February. She had a pending administrative investigation against her from Feb. 27, apparently for missing court.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Women Officers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper