Ohio's 'kissing cop' fired for 3rd time in 5 years
Janine Senanayake had missed a lot of work and some court dates, officials said
By Allison Manning
The Columbus Dispatch
DELAWARE, Ohio — A Delaware County deputy has been fired from her third law-enforcement job in five years.
Janine Senanayake had been in training or called off sick from her job as a road deputy nearly every day since April 9.
Senanayake was fired in a letter from acting Sheriff Scott Vance. She also was issued a one-day suspension yesterday for failing to show up at two hearings in Delaware Municipal Court in February. She had a pending administrative investigation against her from Feb. 27, apparently for missing court.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation