Fla. officer accused of having sex on duty
A woman says a Delray Beach police officer threatened arrest
By Julius Whigham II
Palm Beach Post
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. — A Delray Beach police officer is the subject of an internal investigation into allegations he had sex while on duty.
A woman filed a June 4 complaint alleging that officer Frank Umbriac had sex with her after he had threatened her with arrest, according to a memo from the Palm Beach County State Attorney's Office made public Tuesday.
The state attorney's office reviewed the case but declined to file charges, citing a lack of evidence to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt, according to the Aug. 2 memo sent by the office to Delray Beach Police Chief Anthony Strianese.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. officer accused of having sex on duty
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help