DA: Pa. officer 'saved by vest' faked his shooting
Officer said he was saved by a bulletproof vest when shot during an exchange of gunfire
By Robert Moran
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — The Bucks County police officer who claimed he was saved by a bulletproof vest after being shot during an exchange of gunfire Monday faked the incident, District Attorney David Heckler said Tuesday night.
Chalfont Officer Jon Cousin, 31, reported that he had been shot in the parking lot of the Lenape Valley Swim Club about 3:15 a.m.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman