Off-duty Ore. cop shoots, wounds fellow officer
Officers were responding to calls about a domestic dispute when shots were fired
By Brent Weisberg
KOIN Local 6
FOREST GROVE, Ore. — A police officer is in jail, charged with attempted aggravated murder, officials said.
Senior law enforcement sources confirm Officer Timothy Cannon, who works for the Hillsboro Police Department, is accused of shooting and wounding a Washington County Sheriff's deputy who responded to a domestic violence call at the officer's home.
Officers attempted to talk with Cannon, sources said, but — at some point — shots were fired when several deputies entered the home.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke takes job with Homeland Security
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ohio officer for fatally shooting teen
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight