Police debit cards surface amid Pittsburgh probe
Several credit union accounts paid for hotel rooms, food, trips and condominium rentals under official's names without their knowledge
By Jeremy Boren and Margaret Harding
Pittsburgh Tribune Review
PITTSBURGH — Top police officials said on Tuesday that debit cards were issued in their names from the Greater Pittsburgh Police Federal Credit Union that they never saw nor used.
The revelation was made as Mayor Luke Ravenstahl acknowledged that thousands of dollars from several credit union accounts paid for hotel rooms, food, trips and condominium rentals for him and others during the Group of 20 economic summit in 2009.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Police debit cards surface amid Pittsburgh probe
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy