Philly officer arrested for robbing dealer, imperils other drug cases
The ten-year narcotics officer allegedly planted drugs on a man, then robbed his home
By Mark Fazlollah and Craig R. McCoy
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — Hundreds of drug arrests in recent years may be in jeopardy after the arrest of a veteran narcotics officer accused of robbing a dealer.
Defense attorneys said in interviews Thursday they were poring over their caseloads to identify all arrests made by Officer Jeffrey Walker, one of the city's busiest narcotics officers. Walker worked in the unit for 14 years before his suspension Wednesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman