Cop busted in bikini barista prostitution raid
A sheriff's sergeant had sex with a bikini barista coffee shop owner in exchange for tipping the women to a police investigation
By Amy Clancy
SNOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash. — A Snohomish County sheriff's sergeant was arrested Tuesday after police said he had sex with a bikini barista coffee shop owner and manager in exchange for tipping the women to a police investigation.
KIRO 7 was the first to report the details about Darrell O'Neill, a 30-year veteran investigated for conspiracy to promote prostitution and official misconduct. O'Neill was placed on paid administrative leave following his arrest, and his law enforcement authority was suspended. Everett police said the investigation was a multijurisdictional effort for stopping prostitution and lewd contact.
"In March, the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office was notified by a local law enforcement agency of possible criminal activities being conducted by a Sheriff's Office commissioned officer," Sheriff's spokeswoman Shari Ireton said in a statement. "Upon learning of the allegations, Sheriff's Office administration immediately contacted Everett PD and requested a criminal investigation."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house