N.M. officer is suspected of trying to help friend evade DWI arrest
By T.J. WILHAM
Albuquerque Journal (New Mexico)
Copyright 2006 Albuquerque Journal
Felony charges will be considered against an Albuquerque police officer accused of sneaking a friend out of the BAT Mobile before the suspect could be booked on drunkendriving charges, District Attorney Kari Brandenburg said Thursday.
Officer Benjamin Kirby, 27, is the subject of an internal investigation and could face discipline for the Aug. 25 incident,
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman