Video: Fla. officer drags drunk woman to jail
Officer Christopher Goodwin, who admits his actions were inappropriate, was suspended for 4 days
By Anthony Miller
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — A St. Petersburg police officer has been suspended after video showed him dragging an inmate into the Pinellas County Jail by her shirt.
Officer Christopher Goodwin, 47, received a four-day suspension, according to a memo released by the St. Petersburg Police Department. The incident happened on April 13. According to the department, Goodwin arrested Debra Leibrock for disorderly intoxication and trespassing.
When they arrived at the jail, video shows Leibrock getting out of the car, and sitting on the ground. Goodwin then grabs the back of her shirt and drags her across the floor of the parking area into the jail. According to the memo, Goodwin admitted his actions were inappropriate, and said there "many other options for him to deal with a passive resistant prisoner."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests