Video: Va. cruiser accidentally hits skateboarding teen
The teen and police agree that it was a mistake and that the video doesn't show everything
By PoliceOne Staff
Virginia — Pro skateboarder Tony Hawk tweeted a video showing a Virginia State Police cruiser hitting a young skateboarder near VCU’s campus — an incident both the teen in the video and police say was just a big mistake.
Tim Crawford, the teen in the video, says the ordeal actually happened months ago but just went viral Wednesday.
"All I remember is being back up on my feet," Crawford told NBC12. "It's like a mistake. It happens. I'm alright with that."
Police said in a written statement that proper procedures were followed after the incident
"They paid for the medical bill," said Crawford. "That's all we can really ask for I imagine.”
Crawford admitted that the video that was posted was edited and did not show the entire ordeal. The officer stopped and was concerned for Crawford, who only suffered a minor scratch, according to the report.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke takes job with Homeland Security
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ohio officer for fatally shooting teen