Fla. cop quits after posting 'extremely pornographic' photos online
Daytona Beach Police Chief Mike Chitwood said he’d never seen anything like it in his 26 years in law enforcement
A veteran Florida police sergeant has reportedly resigned after admitting to posting “extremely pornographic” pictures of herself online, including some in her uniform and while on-duty.
Daytona Beach Police Department Sgt. Penny Dane, an 18-year law enforcement veteran, admitted to accessing an online game called “Red Light Center,” a virtual sex club that resembles Amsterdam’s Red Light district, WKMG reports.
Dane allegedly admitted to investigators that she sent the images while on the job. In all, 177 images were found on her office desktop computer, 97 images were found on a laptop inside her patrol car and at least 23 pictures were of Dane herself.
- Women Officers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke takes job with Homeland Security
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ohio officer for fatally shooting teen