Video of fatal New Orleans raid leaves unanswered questions
Shaky video details the fatal shooting of Wendell Allen in a 2012 drug raid gone wrong
By PoliceOne Staff
NEW ORLEANS — Video was released of the 2012 New Orleans raid that ended in the fatal shooting of a man by an NOPD officer.
One officer’s body camera shows Officer Josh Colclough walking up a flight of stairs and firing at Wendell Allen, who appeared from behind a partition in the home, according to Fox8Live.
Allen was hit once in the chest, and he succumbed to his wound. He was unarmed.
The officers continued moving through the home, ordering other men down onto the ground.
Colclough acknowledged that the video evidence would work against him in court, and pleaded guilty in August to manslaughter. He is now serving a four-year prison sentence, according to WWLTV.
In a tearful apology to Allen’s mother, Colclough still couldn't say why he fired the shot.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation