Off-duty cop suspended for sleeping at 2nd job
The officer was at a security job, but wearing his uniform and in his marked cruiser
By Roman J. Uschak
BELLEVILLE, N.J. — A Belleville police officer has been suspended after he was caught sleeping in a police cruiser in a Bloomfield parking lot, police said.
A video of the officer appeared on the popular site YouTube as well as CNN iReport. The officer was identified as Jesse McKeough. McKeough, a recent police academy graduate, has since been suspended, although the duration of the suspension is not known.
McKeough was working an off-duty, part-time security job, according to Chief Joseph Rotonda, and was permitted to wear his uniform and use a police cruiser. However, the police chief said that off-duty officers are still subject to departmental rules and regulations just like on-duty officers are.
(Photo courtesy YouTube)
- Off Duty
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper