Video: Woman hit on crosswalk by Ohio cruiser
Caroline Walker, 21, suffered a concussion and told reporters she was very sore, but thankfully had no broken bones
By Candice Lee
DELAWARE, Ohio — A basketball player for Ohio Wesleyan University is recovering at home after being struck by a Delaware police cruiser early Thanksgiving morning.
Caroline Walker, 21, a junior at OWU, said she was crossing the street in the crosswalk when the officer struck her.
Officer Mark Jackson was charged with failure to yield. In his statement that was filed with the incident report, Jackson admitted to not seeing Welker in the crosswalk as he turned left onto Central Avenue.
The report states the Officer Jackson was en route to a disturbance call at The Jug, located at 837 N. Houk Rd. when the incident occurred.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help