3 Fla. police officers suspended for Bieber escort
Three officers have been suspended for giving Justin Bieber an unauthorized escort from the airport
OPA-LOCKA, Fla. — An official says three Florida police officers have been suspended for giving Justin Bieber an unauthorized escort from the airport.
Opa-locka Assistant City Manager David Chiverton said Friday that the officers were suspended with pay pending the outcome of an investigation.
Police escorts from the Opa-locka Executive Airport are not uncommon, but they must follow procedure. Chiverton says the one that accompanied Bieber on Monday had not been authorized.
According to Chiverton, investigators are still trying to get more information from the airport and the officers about where police escorted Bieber.
Bieber was free on bail Friday after an arrest on charges of DUI, driving with an expired license and resisting arrest. Miami Beach police say Bieber smelled of alcohol when he was stopped after drag-racing down a residential street early Thursday.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman