Colo. officer shot, killed
AURORA, Colo.- An Aurora police officer was shot and killed Wednesday, City Manager Ron Miller said.
The officer's name was not released and no details were immediately available.
Police did not immediately return calls but scheduled a news conference for later Wednesday.
Aurora Public Schools spokeswoman Georgia Duran said police told administrators a suspect was in custody and there was no need to lock down North Middle School, near the shooting scene.
The Aurora Daily Sun reported that dozens of police cars were at the scene and officers appeared to have taken custody of four vehicles.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms