2 Ariz. deputies shot serving warrant; expected to be OK
PHOENIX– Sheriff's deputies were met with gunfire while serving a search warrant early today in west Phoenix, leaving two SWAT team deputies wounded.
One deputy was shot in the knee; the other in the hand and abdomen.
Maricopa County Sheriff's Lt. Paul Chagolla says the deputy shot in the knee was treated and released. He says the other deputy is undergoing surgery but Chagolla says the injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
Chagolla says the two deputies were shot as they entered a home on 41st Avenue near Maryland during the serving of a narcotics search warrant about 2 a.m.
After the shooting, two men and a woman inside the home surrendered and were taken into custody. He says they are being interviewed to determine which one was the shooter.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman