CHP chase ends in fatal gun battle
Erika Hayasaki, Times Staff Writer
Los Angeles Times
Copyright 2006 Los Angeles Times
All Rights Reserved
California Highway Patrol officers shot and killed a man in front of the Commerce Casino on Sunday morning after a 45-minute car chase and gun battle that crossed two counties.
At 1:43 a.m., officers tried to stop a speeding car on the Riverside Freeway near Weir Canyon Road in Orange County, said CHP Sgt. Mark Garrett. Instead of stopping, the 2005 Toyota hatchback accelerated to 110 mph, and officers gave chase, Garrett said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: CHP chase ends in fatal gun battle
- Suspect Pursuit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds