Calif. police justify killing of theft suspect
Maeve Reston, Times Staff Writer
Los Angeles Times
Copyright 2006 Los Angeles Times
All Rights Reserved
The Riverside police officers who on Sunday shot and killed a fleeing shoplifting suspect after he crashed his car told investigators they believed their lives were in danger when the suspect reached for the center console, possibly for a weapon, authorities said Tuesday.
Steven Cloud, 27, was killed by the officers after he allegedly stole a carpet cleaner from a Home Depot store. No weapon was found in Cloud's car.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. police justify killing of theft suspect
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds