Man fatally wounded after shots fired at Mass. station
EASTHAM, Mass.- A man is fatally wounded after shots were fired at the Eastham police station on Cape Cod.
Eastham police lieutenant Kenneth Roderick says about 8:20 last night, someone fired four shots into the front entrance of the police station. No one was hurt in that incident.
Later in the evening, police say a man was confronted by officers at a home on Somoset Road. The suspect was shot, and later pronounced dead at Cape Cod Hospital.
The man’s name has not been released, but Cape and Islands District Attorney Michael O’Keefe said the suspect was known to police.
O’Keefe also said the suspect was wearing a bullet-proof vest.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman