Police shoot, wound Mo. suspect
ST. LOUIS- A 35-year-old St. Louis man suspected of stealing copper gutters off the home of a St. Louis police officer is recovering after the officer shot him.
It happened yesterday at the home of officer Carl Dotson. Police Chief Joe Mokwa says Dotson tried to take the man into custody, leading to a struggle over the officer's firearm.
The gun went off, and the suspect was shot once in the leg. The injury is not considered life-threatening.
An investigation continues and police aren't saying if the shooting was intentional.
Mokwa says the suspect has 39 felony arrests with four convictions. He is currently on probation.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court