N.Y. police kill man in shootout
By Rocco Parascandola, Staff Writer
Copyright 2006 Newsday, Inc.
Jose Rivera, 32, was pointing a 9-mm handgun at another man Wednesday night when a sergeant and a detective, both assigned to narcotics and both in plainclothes, saw what was happening, identified themselves as police officers and ordered Rivera to drop his weapon, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.Y. police kill man in shootout
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds