N.Y. police kill man in shootout
By Rocco Parascandola, Staff Writer
Copyright 2006 Newsday, Inc.
Jose Rivera, 32, was pointing a 9-mm handgun at another man Wednesday night when a sergeant and a detective, both assigned to narcotics and both in plainclothes, saw what was happening, identified themselves as police officers and ordered Rivera to drop his weapon, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.Y. police kill man in shootout
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests