Wounded N.Y. officer kills armed man at traffic stop
By Herbert Lowe, Staff Writer
The shooting happened after the officer, teamed with a sergeant as part of a plainclothes anti-crime unit, struggled with the driver over a gun the officers spotted in a sport utility vehicle stopped about 1:15 p.m. in Flatbush, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds