Calif. officers fatally shoot suspect following chase
City News Service
The chase began about 1:30 a.m., when the motorist refused to yield to the CHP on state Route 78, near Jefferson Street in Oceanside, sheriff's Lt. Dennis Brugos said.
The driver fled to the north on Interstate 5 and east on state Route 76 before heading south on streets and Interstate 5, Brugos said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help