Cops wounded, man killed in Chicago shootout
By Dennis Sullivan and Mitch Dudek
The Chicago Tribune
New Lenox, Ill.- Two New Lenox police officers were shot and wounded and a motorist was killed when they returned fire Thursday night at a traffic stop outside a high school, officials said.
New Lenox Police Chief Daniel Martin said the officers were pursuing a vehicle on Lincoln Highway about 7:45 p.m. and stopped it in the parking lot of Lincoln-Way Central High School. The driver emerged and drew a gun, he said. "He began firing on the officers. The officers returned fire," Martin said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Cops wounded, man killed in Chicago shootout
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy