Md. trooper wounded, suspect killed in shooting
By BEN GREENE, Associated Press Writer
WOODLAWN, Md.- A Maryland State trooper was wounded and a suspect was shot and killed early Tuesday when members of a special police task force attempted to serve a warrant.
The officers were attempting to arrest a suspect in a home invasion and kidnapping in Eldersburg on Thursday.
The wounded trooper, Trooper First Class Eric D. Workman, 36, was hit in the left armpit and was "critically ill," said. Dr. Thomas Scalea, the head of surgery at the R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center at the University of Maryland Medical Center. ...
Full Story: Md. trooper wounded, suspect killed in shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman