Md. trooper wounded, suspect killed in shooting
By BEN GREENE, Associated Press Writer
WOODLAWN, Md.- A Maryland State trooper was wounded and a suspect was shot and killed early Tuesday when members of a special police task force attempted to serve a warrant.
The officers were attempting to arrest a suspect in a home invasion and kidnapping in Eldersburg on Thursday.
The wounded trooper, Trooper First Class Eric D. Workman, 36, was hit in the left armpit and was "critically ill," said. Dr. Thomas Scalea, the head of surgery at the R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center at the University of Maryland Medical Center. ...
Full Story: Md. trooper wounded, suspect killed in shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help