Wounded Md. trooper clinging to life; suspect fatally shot
By Nick Shields and Annie Linskey, Sun reporters
The Baltimore Sun
A Maryland state trooper suffered life-threatening injuries yesterday when police closing in on a robbery suspect traded shots with the man - a recently released drug offender who had previously been accused of ramming a police car to avoid arrest.
Tfc. Eric D. Workman underwent two surgeries after being shot during a pre-dawn raid at a Baltimore County home. He was in critical condition early today in the intensive care unit at Maryland Shock Trauma Center.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'