Baltimore officer fatally shot
The Associated Press
BALTIMORE- An off-duty Baltimore police officer was killed in a shooting early Tuesday that may have been part of a robbery attempt, police said.
The officer was headed to his girlfriend's home in West Baltimore when he was shot at 2 a.m., said Matt Jablow, a city police spokesman. The officer was shot in the chest.
There was no immediate information on a suspect or suspects. "Every resource available" was being used in a search for leads on the shooting, Jablow said. ...
Full Story: Baltimore officer fatally shot
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court