Calif. man fatally shot by officer
By Andrew Blankstein, Times Staff Writer
Los Angeles Times
A Los Angeles police sergeant responding to a disturbance early Wednesday at a Masonic Lodge in South Los Angeles shot and killed an unarmed man reaching for his waistband, department officials said.
Philip Arthur Miller, 43, of Carson died at the scene, a coroner's spokesman said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. man fatally shot by officer
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house