Houston officers shoot man who charged them with pellet gun
Editor's Note: Treat all guns - paintball, pellet and real - like they are real all the time. It is nearly impossible to differentiate between the three. That second that you take to analyze the weapon can prove fatal. Read more
By ANITA HASSAN and ANNE MARIE KILDAY
Four deputy constables opened fired on a man outside his northwest Harris County home Friday after authorities said he charged at them with a pellet gun.
Richard Williams was taken by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital, where he was in critical condition.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help