Houston officers shoot man who charged them with pellet gun
Editor's Note: Treat all guns - paintball, pellet and real - like they are real all the time. It is nearly impossible to differentiate between the three. That second that you take to analyze the weapon can prove fatal. Read more
By ANITA HASSAN and ANNE MARIE KILDAY
Four deputy constables opened fired on a man outside his northwest Harris County home Friday after authorities said he charged at them with a pellet gun.
Richard Williams was taken by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital, where he was in critical condition.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy