Gunman slays boss, wounds Pa. trooper, kills self
The Associated Press
DUNCANNON, Pa.- A man shot his boss to death Wednesday at a construction site, wounded a state trooper who was chasing him, and then committed suicide, authorities said.
Campbell pulled over about 15 miles from the construction site, got out of the car, shot at a pursuing police cruiser with a rifle, and turned the gun on himself, authorities said.
Trooper Ron Colyer, who was struck in the shoulder, was taken to a hospital, where a spokesman said he was in critical but stable condition.
It was unclear what led to the shooting, but Trooper Lynn Capriotti said the two men had been in conflict for a couple of days.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform