Calif. deputies fatally shoot suspected drunk driver
By Gregor McGavin
The Press Enterprise
Residents of a quiet Home Gardens cul-de-sac were still in shock Wednesday, hours after Riverside County sheriff's deputies shot and killed a suspected drunken driver authorities say tried to ram a patrol car.
Yellow crime-scene tape remained up as investigators probed the scene of the shooting on April Drive and September Way for much of the day. Though the shooting took place about 11:40 p.m. Tuesday, residents of a half-dozen homes were still unable to get past the sheriff's barrier for the Wednesday morning commute.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds